JavaOne India Call for Papers
Welcome to the JavaOne India Call for Papers
We invite you to submit a paper to present at the JavaOne India 2013 conference, Oracle's premier Java event serving the greater Indian sub-continent.
We are looking for unique and thought-provoking submissions from the community to present to the greater Indian Java developer community.
The call for papers will close on March 29, 2013 at 17:00 PDT.
We look forward to hearing from you.
JavaOne India 2013
Tracks for Call for Papers
Check the tracks eligible for the call for papers below. Details on specific session content and how to plan your personal JavaOne learning experience is coming soon.
Core Java Platform
The Java platform is stronger than ever, with the Java language's continued growth and formidable position as the world's #1 development language. This success depends on relentless pursuit of innovation and tuning at the very core of the Java family of technologies. The Core Java Platform track covers material fundamental to all uses and variants of the Java platform, including topics ranging from the latest developments in Java Virtual Machines, deep technical explanations in areas such as security and networking, and enhancements that allow dynamic programming languages to drive Java platform adoption.
JavaFX and Rich User Experiences
The way in which users interact with technology has evolved dramatically in the last several years. It's no longer enough to think of an application's user interface as a thin layer of graphical presentation bolted on as an afterthought. Application designers must consider user experience in a much more holistic way, spanning multiple device types, media types, and situation types across time, leveraging consistency across them yet exploiting the unique potential of each one. JavaFX, one of the newest and most exciting Java technologies, is a response to–as well as a driver of the ever-expanding richness of user interfaces imagined by application designers and demanded by application users. This track covers the latest developments and practices for building rich, immersive, and powerful user experiences using JavaFX and other Java technologies across multiple hardware platforms and form factors.
Java EE, Web Services, and the Cloud
Whether you use only the seasoned features of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) or its cutting-edge additions, this track is for you. It combines up-to-date coverage of a wide variety of enterprise Java topics, from the mature areas of Web application development, persistence, security, and transactions to the more recent common practices of dependency injection and continuous integration. This track also addresses some of the forthcoming and compelling interests of the Java EE platform, such as modularity, enterprise caching, Web sockets, and internet identity, as well as the latest and greatest vision and practices related to Web services, SOAP, REST, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, cloud architectures and deployment, and many other service-related topics.
Java ME, Java Embedded, and Java Card
Mobile phones, smart cards, embedded environments, and intelligent devices are some of the most pervasive manifestations of Java technology in everyday life. Advances in Java technology continue to drive and support expanding application capabilities by providing an ideal platform for developing mobile, embedded, and M2M solutions targeting a wide range of businesses such as industrial automation, smart metering, healthcare, robotics, and telematics. This track is devoted to Java technology as the ultimate platform for mobile and embedded device computing.
Java Embedded for Business
For many years, computer scientists have imagined a world where most physical objects interact with each other and the people to which they are interconnected. But for the most part, this concept of "an internet of things" has been more dream than reality. From the enterprise business world to the consumer arena, smart grids/meters, industrial automation, home gateways, automotive telematics, and context-aware healthcare devices all help inform decisions that drive value for businesses and consumers. In this track, business leaders and decision-makers learn how to use Java embedded technologies to start realizing immediate value through a deeper, better understanding of how their products are built, shipped, deployed, and consumed. Sessions in this track demonstrate how Java embedded technologies and solutions offer compelling business value and a focused path forward to business efficiency and agility. Attendees will gain a better understanding how Java embedded technology delivers a secure, optimized environment ideal for driving their businesses forward.
Tips and GuidelinesSubmissions should be:
- From the community, all proposals should be non-Oracle.
- Java-related topics (not technologies such as Flex, .NET, Objective C, etc... unless it's specifically a topic about how such things INTEGRATE with Java)
- Non-product pitches
- Interesting/innovative uses of Java
- Practical relevant case studies/examples/practices/etc.
Content Program Policies
- Speakers on accepted submissions will receive a complimentary pass. The pass provides access to all conference sessions. Acceptance of the pass must be in compliance with the policies of your employer, including conflict, ethics and gift policies. Oracle employee speakers do not qualify.
- The conference registration will be canceled if the session is canceled or replaced.
- The complimentary pass is limited to one pass per speaker and is not transferable.
- Oracle does not reimburse speakers for travel and expenses. Speakers are responsible for any applicable taxes, custom duties or other expenses related to acceptance of the complimentary pass.
- All submissions must include at least one speaker in order to be considered.
- Do not include proprietary or confidential material. Submitter is responsible for obtaining necessary permission to use such material.
- Oracle reserves the right to edit session information for clarity, length, style, and to ensure correct use of Oracle product.
- For accepted sessions, Oracle may ask for a copy of the presentation to review and may request to work with you on the content.
- Deadlines must be met. Any requests received after the deadline may not be approved and any missed deadlines can result in cancellation of sessions.
- Oracle reserves the right to cancel a session if necessary.
- By submitting a session for consideration in the call for papers, you authorize Oracle to promote, publish, and disseminate content submitted to Oracle for use at the 2013 conference.
- Invited speakers (non-Oracle only) will be required to review and respond to the Speaker Consent Form. A copy of the speaker consent form is provided below.
JavaOne India 2013 Speaker Consent Form
On behalf of myself and my company/organization, which is designated below ("Organization"), and in consideration of my participation in this event: JavaOne India 2013, which is scheduled to take place May 8-9, 2013 in Hyderabad (the "Event"). I grant Oracle (and its designated contractors), and its subsidiaries and affiliates under common control ("Oracle") the following permissions in connection with the Event:
- Permission to make sound and visual recordings of any and all presentation(s) I give in relation to the Event ("Presentation") on film, tape, disk, and/or other forms of media, whether in analog or digital format (the "Recordings").
- Permission to use and distribute my name, voice, biographic material, likeness, and portrait (hereinafter collectively referred to as my "Likeness") in connection with my Presentation or the Recordings, for the purpose of publicizing or promoting my Presentation(s) at/participation in the Event.
- Permission to use, copy, translate, reformat, edit, broadcast, publish, perform, promote, distribute, digitize, transmit, make derivative works based upon, and/or display all or parts of my Presentation, the Recordings, a transcript of the Recordings, and any presentation materials that I provide to Oracle and use in connection with my Presentation, including without limitation any written speeches, visual aids, or other visual or written materials used, performed, displayed, and/or provided by me in connection with the Presentation (the "Presentation Materials"). This includes, without limitation, the right to make and distribute a DVD, CD, flash memory card, memory stick, PC card, audio tape video tape, and/or other recording of the Event proceedings that contains the Recordings and Presentation Materials, the right to distribute the Presentation Materials via download from Oracle’s affiliated web sites, and the right to distribute, display, broadcast, rebroadcast, and reproduce my Presentation, in any and all media existing now or later developed, as part of Event proceedings and archives that Oracle makes available on its Web site or elsewhere. Any such use must be in connection with the Event or future versions of the Event, and must not be misleading or reflect negatively on my Organization or me.
- Permission to incorporate the Presentation Materials into the Recordings, in whole or in part.
I understand that neither my Organization nor I will receive any compensation for granting these permissions. Oracle has no obligation to use or record and is not granted any other permissions or rights with respect to my Likeness, my Presentation, the Recordings, or the Presentation Materials. Oracle reserves the right to cancel a session or speaker at the Event if necessary.
I represent and warrant that I have the right to the Presentation and Presentation Materials except any Presentation Materials listed herein, that the publication of this Presentation and Presentation Materials will not infringe on the patent, trademark, copyright rights of others, nor is it slanderous, libelous, or an invasion of any person’s right of privacy or publicity. I further represent and warrant that I have full power to grant this license to Oracle.
I have read and understand the provisions above, and I (a) confirm that I am the person named in this consent form and (b) grant this permission and agree to the terms and conditions set forth above on behalf of my Organization and myself.
|Call For Papers Opens||February 20, 2013|
|Call For Papers Closes||March 29, 2013 17:00 PDT|